Trouble accessing the internet after Windows 8.1 update

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by Chrystophr, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Chrystophr

Chrystophr

Whenever my computer updates itself, I have problems accessing the internet. Specifically... whenever I open Firefox or Internet explorer, I can access the internet for a very limited time, then nothing. For example, I can visit one, maybe two pages, then I can't access anything, until I restart the computer. To solve this problem, I have to do a system restore.... if I restore my system to a point to say, 2 - 4 weeks earlier, the problem goes away. But I don't think this will work forever. Any advice will be appreciate. Thanks.

Chrystophr, Apr 7, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Chrystophr

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

You should probably take some time and examine what updates are included in the updates you're installing that are resulting in this problem.
    If it is a driver update for your network adapter(s), then you should probably exclude that from the list of updates that are to be installed.

Trouble, Apr 8, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question