Themes keep synching on different machines

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by S Johnson, Dec 18, 2012.

1. S Johnson

S Johnson

I'm running 4 computers off of one KVM switch, three computers running Win8 and one running Win7. To help me quickly distinguish which computer is actively showing on my monitor, I've modified different theme pictures (jpg) on each of the computers and then placed the theme pictures in the folder C:/users/<main user name>/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Themes/RoamedThemeFiles/DesktopBackground on each of the different computers. (Different modified theme pictures in each computer in the consistent folder.)

My problem is that the theme backgrounds appear to synch across the different computers, using the last-installed backgrounds, so that there is no distinction about which computer is active on the monitor.

I've tried putting the theme pictures in different folders (ie, C:/users/<main user name>/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Themes/computer1themes/DesktopBackground and C:/users/<main user name>/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Themes/computer2themes/DesktopBackground, etc.) but that doesn't stop the synching.

I don't have the same problem on a different KVM setup with the computers on that setup running Win7.

(All the Win8 computers have clean installs of legitimate, separately purchased Win8 OEM versions.)

Any ideas on fixes?

Thanks!

Steve

S Johnson, Dec 18, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. S Johnson

S Johnson

never mind. No help is needed. I just stumbled on the sync settings in the pc settings area. I'll put aside my productivity for a while as I do more exploring of what Win8 has to offer.

S Johnson, Dec 19, 2012
    Core likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question