The walking dead game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Trellum, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum

Hello everyone! My new laptop runs the 8.1 version, but I have heard (in the past) that windows 8 isn't the best OS for gaming.

I'm thinking of buying the new season of the walking dead. Do you guys think I might run into some kind of technical issue? Do you think I will be able to play it?

Trellum, Feb 16, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Trellum

Ian Administrator

Hi Trellum, you shouldn't have problems with this on Windows 8 anymore (it's actually pretty good for gaming :)), but some users did have problems if they used Windows 8 and some types of gamepad. If you do happen to get a problem on launch, give this link a go as it explains a workaround for controllers:

http://qsf5.com/2012/12/27/windows-8-the-walking-dead-fix/

Ian, Feb 17, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Trellum

Trellum

Thanks a lot! I will definitely buy this game once I'm back from the Netherlands, so I really had to make sure I'd not have any kind of issues with it. Glad to hear I might not.

Trellum, Feb 17, 2014
    Ian likes this.
  4. Trellum

Lithium

There shouldn't be any problems with this game, but there are other games that have some problems. However, I think The Walking Dead is even better on win 8.1, especially on mobile devices.

Lithium, Feb 27, 2014
  5. Trellum

Trellum

Really? I hope so, I might be getting it after a few day for my birthday. I'd also like to install other games I already have on discs. Do you think they'd be compatible with windows 8.1? I'm talking about games like the Alan Wake games and the most recent American McGee's Alice game.

Trellum, Mar 3, 2014
  6. Trellum

Lithium

You should definitely get it. It will work with no problem, I can guarantee that! If you have a tablet, it's even a more enjoyable experience than playing it on PC.

Lithium, Mar 25, 2014
  7. Trellum

Trellum

Wow really? You can play that game on a tablet? Wouldn't it be a bit troublesome with some bits of the game? Because sometimes controls are kinda tricky with the PC or at least they were when I played the first season.

Trellum, Mar 25, 2014
  8. Trellum

Just Justin28

I have to say, I really advise against playing on a tablet ... in fact I advise against using a tablet for anything ...

Just Justin28, Feb 1, 2016
  9. Trellum

Just Justin28

oh oops, just saw the date of this thread ..

10. Trellum

Just Justin28

I'm still getting the hang of this sorry guys!

1. Advertisements

Ask a Question