The Metro Screen and Search Utility

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SolarCell, Nov 15, 2013.

1. SolarCell

SolarCell

Many people have complained about this in Windows 8 and I did not like it at first either. Once I got used to it, however, it was actually a good change. I like the metro screen. The search feature on it is particularly nice in my opinion. I know there are programs out there that will add the start menu back and I think they are fine if you want them. You can, however, get used to not using it and eventually learn to like the alternative.

SolarCell, Nov 15, 2013
    davehc likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. SolarCell

themarting

I think the search option is the thing i hate most about it. Admittedly its because i dont understand it.

I'll search for something I KNOW i have, and it wont pop up in the search results. I'll end up navigating to the thing manually.

themarting, Nov 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. SolarCell

Limezero

My main problem with the search is that they separated it to several groups for no reason. It used to be that I could just type in "keyb", and it would take me straight to the entry in the control panel for the keyboard settings. Now, I have to either type it in, wait for the fullscreen search bar to load, and find the section on the right that's for control panel entries, or memorize the key to be used in conjunction with the windows key to search specifically for control panel entries (still don't know what it is), and then type in what I want.

Limezero, Nov 16, 2013
  4. SolarCell

themarting

Yea thats crazy. I really need to look into how to optimize the search a bit more cause im sure im missing something

themarting, Nov 16, 2013
  5. SolarCell

MyDigitalpoint

I have never liked the search function included in all Windows versions, this is why since long, long years ago I installed Total Commander as a Windows explorer replacement and with the aid of this software I can search for what I'm looking for with the certainty to find it.

I have used the search feature in Windows 8 but while it serves to bring up some stuff, some other seems not to be there but until using Total Commander to find it.

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question