The Look of Windows 8

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SolarCell, Nov 15, 2013.

1. SolarCell

SolarCell

I have heard from a lot of people that Windows 8 looks like a downgrade in visuals compared to previous versions. They say that the "flat" look of Windows 8 is not as visually appealing as the look of Windows 7 or Windows Vista.

I would have to disagree with this. I really like the look of Windows 8. I think the more simple "flat" look is superior than the other previous Windows looks. The look of Windows 8 is easier on the eyes because it is more simple and higher contrast. It feels less cluttered with fewer "rounded" edges and more clean with sharp definitions.

What do all of you think?

SolarCell, Nov 15, 2013
    davehc likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. SolarCell

airplayne

I was a bit surprised with the flatter look of Windows 8. I really like the "bubbly" look of Windows 7, and think it would have been a nice look with Windows 8.

airplayne, Nov 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. SolarCell

themarting

I'm actually torn. I do think the flatness on the interface is more modern, even apple went with it. On the flip side it looks less "hi-tech" than Windows 7.

themarting, Nov 15, 2013
  4. SolarCell

Limezero

The removal of Aero is a welcome sign, but it has a TON of issues. Like, a lot. The most prominent for me is the fact that they removed the advanced theme/colour editor that used to be present in Windows 7, so you can't change how your titlebar looks like. Which is a gigantic problem because it's permanently black, the buttons, the text, everything. Choose a slightly darker colour and everything becomes an illegible mess.

Limezero, Nov 16, 2013
  5. SolarCell

themarting

Really?! I hadnt taken it that far yet but its dissappointing.

themarting, Nov 16, 2013
  6. SolarCell

Limezero

[​IMG]

Yup. There are ways to work around it, but it's a hassle and I still haven't managed to figure out a way to set the window management buttons to white as well. None of the methods I've seen online works for some reason, it always resets whenever I relog or do an update.

Limezero, Nov 16, 2013
  7. SolarCell

MyDigitalpoint

I like Windows 8 look despite I don't care the eye-candy improvement that Microsoft has been making to all their products starting with Windows ME because, most of the time those visual improvement are nothing but appealing looking with a real functionality or productive use.

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question