That explains a lot

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Trouble, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Trouble

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Trouble, Aug 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Trouble

Ian Administrator

I'm sure it's because people are posting photos of their holidays, fun times and nights out - while someone else is sitting there at a PC (at work most likely!!!) wishing they were doing those things.

I hardly use it now, but it was fun at first. It's handy for keeping in contact with old friends, but that's about it (from my perspective).

Ian, Aug 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Trouble

davehc

I dropped out of all the "social" pages a while ago. Being incredible good looking (lol), I was inundated with offers for marriage, etc, and my wife was becoming suspicious.
    But, seriously, if you recall a recent suicide by a young girl, being upset by remarks on a social network, it does bring it home.
    The problem is not entirely with those networks, it applies to any "cyber" interchange. users are able to get away with conversation, rude, insulting, you name it, which they would not have the guts to confront a person with. I am sure you have all witnessed the experience, even on forums. One Windows help forum I visit, only needs one controversial post, either in the help field or chatter, and, within hours, the thread will extend with quite personal attacks from other members. Probably an ego problem as well.
    I see no remedy for it. It is the way of things in the modern world.

davehc, Aug 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question