System Restore Issue

Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by lonesomewoods, Jan 9, 2014.

1. lonesomewoods

lonesomewoods

Hello, I am new to these forums and have come here because I have a major issue with an ASUS desktop Win 8, I have recently purchased. I'll start from the top. I suppose my issue began with some blue-screen errors. Most of them were MEMORY_MANAGEMENT errors. This was becoming quite a nuisance so I decided I better try to install some updates from windows to see if it would solve the issue. However, while I was installing these updates I was stricken with yet another blue-screen error. These errors force the computer to restart in order to collect data about the error. Once my computer restarted it brought me to the screen where windows finalizes the updates. It began to load until it got stuck on 12%. And it wouldn't budge from there. I'm convinced it was stuck because the windows update failed to complete due to the error that interrupted it. So every time I tried to restart, it would get stuck on 12%. From there I tried to refresh the windows system. However, when I tried that it ran into another issue (It wouldn't tell me what issue caused it). Then I tried to reset the entire system from the hard drive that had the OS installed on it. I got the same error. I then performed a hard reset which had me unplugging everything from the computer and holding down the power button. When I rebooted nothing appeared to have changed. So I proceeded to the BIOS menu to reset "Optimized Defaults". Again this didn't appear to do anything.
    I believe I am truly stuck between a rock and hard place right now.

I have searched all over the inter-webs for solutions. I have read about the 12% issue and nothing has worked. And I have read about the issue causing the refresh and reset options to fail. So I'm all out of ideas.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank You

lonesomewoods, Jan 9, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. lonesomewoods

airplayne

You really have two options at this point. One is you could just return the computer to where you bought it and get another one, this way you would be avoiding some major headaches. Two, if you want try and fix it you could try reinstalling windows after reformatting your hard drive.

If this is a package pc you bought from a local retailer I would just go with the first option. Your life would be much easier that way.

airplayne, Jan 9, 2014
    felino7 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question