Somewhat annoying BSOD

SOLVED Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by LoneWolfMage, Mar 14, 2014.

1. LoneWolfMage

LoneWolfMage

And .. as far as Win 8 not working on this system at all... and not being 'certified' I understand what you are saying ..

Essentially, it would not be working at all... period ..

It's just REALLY frustrating .

LoneWolfMage, Jun 28, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. LoneWolfMage

Shintaro Moderator

I understand your frustration, but that is the Tech industry. It is always on the upgrade cycle with hardware and software and concepts. Used to more fun when I was 20 years old, but it is more of a pain now I am 40.

Shintaro, Jun 28, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. LoneWolfMage

LoneWolfMage

about mid of next week .if all goes well ..

I can get a NIc card ... I have a local(privately owned) puter shop that MAY have what need

If im not mistaken by BIOS will automatically detect.. the new NIC and will shut down my on board..

Now I just have to figure out what TYPE of (mobo slot card ) I would need

And as far as age .. you are saying you are 40 .. .. in the same age .. as you ( 41 this past October)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  4. LoneWolfMage

Shintaro Moderator

Cool, let us know how you get on.

Shintaro, Jun 28, 2014
  5. LoneWolfMage

LoneWolfMage

Update~

Mid week DEFINATELY(Wednesday or Thursday on my 'side of the pond') will be getting a new NIC/LAN (PCI interface) independent card..

Just called the local computer shop.. he's going to order a card(since I don't have the money right now and he didn't happen to have a PCI interface NIC/LAN in stock) for me .... it will be either a D-Link .. or Netgear branded card..( as he said .. just depends on his 'brand mood' at the time of the order ) will cost 20$ but will also be "Windows 8 certified" ...

So HOPEFULLY ( considering the 'dump issues') this will solve the problem..

6. LoneWolfMage

LoneWolfMage

UPDATE....

I got the new Independent NIC..

It WAS originally going to be a D-Link or Netgear.. but things changed.. as far as price ... but its all good..

All SEEMS well.. this is the NIC I got ... http://www.rosewill.com/products/1758/ProductDetail_Overview.htm

All seems 'normal' since installing this NIC and the drivers.. ( yes it is compatible with Windows 8 I MADE sure of that when I asked the local shop... and also checked on the Rosewill site for drivers.. I have the most recent installed From Rosewill/Realtek)

LoneWolfMage, Jul 3, 2014
  7. LoneWolfMage

Shintaro Moderator

All sounds good.
    Let us know how you go.

Shintaro, Jul 4, 2014
  8. LoneWolfMage

LoneWolfMage

Update..

So far one week in with the new independent NIC and NO BLUE SCREENS ...:D:cool::) (not even the 'non visual' ones) according to Blue Screen Viewer... and nothing new in the usual 'dump' areas for blue screens

I guess the Mfg. of my MB was right about the MB not being 100% compatible with Win 8 .... go figure it would have to be something so simple as a NIC card .. everything else works fantastic.

I'm a 'happy camper' ...

Thanks again Shintaro for your help .. it's appreciated ..

I'm going to mark this thread as SOLVED ..

LoneWolfMage, Jul 11, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question