Slow browser "all of a sudden"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Helena, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Helena

Helena

I moved to a new apartment in May, and changed internetspeed from 30Mb to 100Mb. After doing this, my Windows 8 is very slow loading pages on the web. I use Firefox. I have reinstalled windows 3 times this weel as husband said I probably have some bugs, but it didn't help. It's totally clean now and no changes to the issue.
    What to do??? Getting tired of the shit.
    Computer is 2 years old. An HP with 500Gb harddrive and 4 Gb RAM.

Help needed!!

Helena, Jun 25, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Helena

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

How did you go about "reinstalling windows 3 times"? Did you wipe the drive and do a custom clean install or did you use the factory recovery partition, or some other recovery media.?
    AND
    Have you double checked Windows Update to confirm that after having perform the "reinstall" you're all caught up and current on the OS?
    Additionally there may be some drivers (chipset and network) that may be "2 years old" and may need updating.
    Other than that, do you have another system in your environment to test and compare internet performance? Can you run this http://www.speedtest.net/ on the problem machine and then if possible a second machine connected to your network and compare the results?

Trouble, Jun 25, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Helena

Helena

Yes I did a complete reinstallation, wiped the drive Clean. Windows update have done a lot of updates after, like 162 of them, I haven't checked any updates for chipset or network drivers, where do I go about to do that?
    And yes, I've checked speedtest on 2 computers to see if we have the same internetspeed, which we do, almost 100Mb on them. .

Helena, Jun 26, 2015
  4. Helena

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

You'll need to check the manufacturer's website. Either the computer manufacturer or the motherboard manufacturer or in some cases, the specific hardware device manufacturer's website.
    And on the problem machine..... what are you see for performance when running the same test?

Trouble, Jun 26, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question