Slimming Down Windows 8

Discussion in 'Customization' started by Guardian, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Guardian

Guardian

I've seen guides before on Slimming Down Windows XP and other operating systems. The main goal is to get rid of useless files and unneeded applications that are rarely used.

I wonder if there will be guides for Windows 8, or will it even be worth it? If so, would you be interested in actually slimming down Windows 8?

Guardian, Aug 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Guardian

Ian Administrator

I'm sure there will be a way to trim some of the fat - but to be honest, memory sticks/ssds are so cheap per GB now that there isn't as much need nowadays. I remember that people would try to cut XP/Vista down so that it could be booted from flash storage on portable devices or on small SSDs, but this probably isn't as much of an issue now.

That said, I'm sure someone will still give it a try ;).

Ian, Aug 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Guardian

davehc

Maybe the end result won't be so obvious. A major difference between 7 and 8 is that Microsoft have already gone to great lengths to eliminate unwanted clutter and resident running programs and services.

davehc, Aug 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question