Skype app in Windows 8

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aditya Kulkarni, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Aditya Kulkarni

Aditya Kulkarni

Hello friends,

I want to give a short one line review for Skype app : Interesting but not that great

It is indeed, interesting. But, when Skype lacks its file sharing ability, it is something which is not expected. It might be in beta phase, but I really can't get why that functionality is lacking in the current version.
    Moreover, when somebody sends me a message, I don't get the notifications instantly. There are almost a couple of minutes involved in the process!

What is your take on this?

Aditya Kulkarni, Jan 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Aditya Kulkarni

Kemical

Hi,

may I ask are you using a local account or a Microsoft one to sign into Windows 8?

Kemical, Jan 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Aditya Kulkarni

Aditya Kulkarni

I am using Local account currently. And for registration purpose, I did use the Microsoft ID too.

Aditya Kulkarni, Jan 25, 2013
  4. Aditya Kulkarni

bassfisher6522

Are you using the metro version or the desktop version?

What skype version is it showing, the numbered version. The latest is 6.1.0.129, update if you don't have it.

You can send files in both..it's just a bit different in the metro version. Open up metro skype, the open the charms by using the windows key and c key, then click settings and you'll see a list of options including sending a file.

bassfisher6522, Jan 25, 2013
  5. Aditya Kulkarni

Aditya Kulkarni

I'll just say look for some thing that will make me run Skype in the normal mode and not in App mode!

Aditya Kulkarni, Feb 7, 2013
  6. Aditya Kulkarni

Rylag

I prefer not using the Windows 8 Skype app. I would just download the Skype for desktop of Skype. Works much better in my opinion.

Rylag, Mar 24, 2013
  7. Aditya Kulkarni

MisterRay97

I personally have no problems with the Skype app. And I get the messages instantly, and video call is working fine. Also, the new Skype ability adds the ability to share files of any size using the Modern UI Skype app. Awesome! I love the new Skype app, it's so clean! :cool:

MisterRay97, Mar 25, 2013
  8. Aditya Kulkarni

Jacknot3d

I don't like to use windows 8 metro apps, I find it a bit ankward to access to the store to get apps and they might know whenever I use them... I like my privacy...

So I installed Skype as an Desktop app, that's what is best regarding Windows 8, they give you choices.

Jacknot3d, Mar 30, 2013
  9. Aditya Kulkarni

themarksquared

Design-wise, it looks great to the eye. Function-wise, it's okay. Not the best, but it's tolerable. I prefer to use the desktop Skype though.

themarksquared, May 16, 2013
  10. Aditya Kulkarni

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

I don't like it, but then I don't really like any of the Metro apps. Maybe if I could have the Metro apps on a dedicated monitor or something.

Core, May 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question