Skip Straight To Desktop

Discussion in 'Customization' started by Nuclear, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Nuclear

Nuclear

Is there a way to skip the Metro/Modern UI and skip straight to the desktop when you boot up? I'm setting up a new computer and would love this functionality as it is useful for people more familiar with Win 7.
    Thanks.

Nuclear, Jul 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Nuclear

davehc

You can install one of the third party Start menus, most of which have this option. Or use the attached file.

Better way is to wait for Windows 8.1 final release, which has this as a built in function.

Attached Files:

davehc, Jul 24, 2013
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Nuclear

RomanAnthonysMama

Yeah, like davehc said I've seen some software that you can download in order to skip straight to desktop upon startup. I think I may download it too soon, since the new start menu really throws me for a loop as well! I wish there was a way to go straight to it without using a download, maybe they'll add it as a new feature soon. :)

RomanAnthonysMama, Jul 25, 2013
  4. Nuclear

davehc

Perhaps you should read my post again?
    But, if you still need the old style start menu, you will still need a third party download.

davehc, Jul 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question