Setup of Windows 8 in PCs or Desktops

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by vida_llevares, Dec 16, 2012.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevares

Considering that Windows 8 is predominantly in a touchscreen interface, how would it be setup in desktops?

vida_llevares, Dec 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. vida_llevares

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

You install it and then you use it. I use a mouse to click on things to make stuff happen.

Core, Dec 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. vida_llevares

davehc

And, a small (pedantic) correction. Windows 8 is "predominantly" touchscreen interface on boot. However, it is also easily customised to give it full legacy desktop usage. Having clumsy fingers, I find the mouse click as comfortable and (arguable) just as speedy to use. It is a controversial issue, but, if you do not find the "Metro" interface to your satisfaction, the addtion of one of the many third party start menus brings the OS back to the previous legacy style.

davehc, Dec 16, 2012
  4. vida_llevares

jubbly

Without Metro you may as well just have windows 7. I see no reason for a 7 user who wants the start menu to upgrade.

jubbly, Dec 17, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question