Screen Goes Blank after 20 seconds

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by Larry G Turner, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Larry G Turner

Larry G Turner

Hello - as stated above, my screen goes blank after approx 20 seconds of inactivity. Since I often read posts and articles, I find the screen blanking problematic as it breaks my train of thought. I have been unable ti find a place to set this feature. I have checked my power plan and confirmed that I have my settings on "Never" for the screen saver and other options but they have not affected this screen blanking.
    Thanks for your help -

Larry G Turner, Jun 22, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Larry G Turner

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Some specifics as to your system might be helpful.
    Type of system (desktop, laptop, tablet, etc.,) Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number and any other identifying tags.
    Which video card you are using, which driver you have installed for it (version number and date).
    Believe it or not some monitors have their own built in power settings so you may want to check your monitor's menus and see if there is anything in there which may be turning it off, independent of how your OS power menus are set.

Trouble, Jun 22, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Larry G Turner

Shintaro Moderator

How did you go? Did you try Troubles suggestions?

Shintaro, Jun 28, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question