Screen flips on me.

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by SeaHorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. SeaHorse

SeaHorse

I have a Dell laptop with Windows 8.1 on it. I prefer to work off my Desktop (the Windows 7 way) and usually have a few things open on my taskbar thru out the day. The main ones are Google Chrome, Outlook, and Skype. What I'm finding is that when I'm on the Internet, using Chrome usually, and take my hands away from the touch pad and then put my hand back and touch it with my finger to move the curser, my screen either immediately flips to Skype Full Screen!! even tho I never touched the Icon... OR the Right Hand side bar (Setting, Search, Share etc) it slides over and the time box pops up. I have to click to get rid of it and get back to my page I was viewing.
    What am I doing wrong? Could this be a computer settings issue or a Windows 8 issue? Anyone else experience this?
    Thanks!

SeaHorse, Jul 9, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. SeaHorse

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Your issue most likely involves something related to a concept called Touchpad / Trackpad "Gestures" and can be very frustrating. You may want to Goggle it, as there are ways to either disable it or maybe even adjust the sensitivity to make it a little less annoying.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=touchpad+gestures&pc=MOZI&form=MOZSBR

Depending on which device your laptop has installed you may find setting specific to it within the control panel

Trouble, Jul 9, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. SeaHorse

SeaHorse

Thank you!! It was only as I was typing my question out that I realized that it just might not be Windows 8 related at all. lol. The frustration comes from being on a Windows8 screen that I'm unfamiliar with and not knowing how to get back off of it. I couldn't figure out how to shut the laptop off the first 3 days I had it.
    Thanks again!

SeaHorse, Jul 9, 2014
  4. SeaHorse

SeaHorse

HA!! I found it... I went to the laptop Mouse settings and found "Gestures" just as you suggested. If I touch with one finger along the left edge of the mouse pad the Skype screen comes up.... if I use one finger along the right edge the settings panel comes over. Turns out this thing is capable of 1,2,3 and 4 finger gestures. Who knew!!
    I learned something new today!!

SeaHorse, Jul 9, 2014
  5. SeaHorse

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Glad to hear that you've apparently resolved your issue.
    Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
    Hope to continue to see you around
    Regards
    Randy

Trouble, Jul 9, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question