Screen flickers on loading WoW

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Victor Leigh, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh

I am having a headache when I load up World of Warcraft in Windows 8. The screen keeps on flickering non-stop. I have tried disabling everything on the screen. I have even removed the wallpaper. The flickering is still there.

Does anyone know what I can do to stop this? I mean other than stop playing World of Warcraft on Windows 8.

Victor Leigh, Apr 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Victor Leigh

Ian Administrator

Hi Victor, what's your hardware (especially your graphics card)?

I found this information which may help a little :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4768686897

Ian, Apr 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh

I doubt if my graphics card is the culprit because I can load WoW properly without any flickering using Windows 7 which is installed on the same computer. Anyway, it's a Radeon. I will try what you have suggested and see what I get. Thank you for the tips.

4. Victor Leigh

Ian Administrator

Good luck, I hope it works :)

Ian, Apr 26, 2012
  5. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh

I think I wasn't precise in my description of the problem. The flickering appears only before WoW loaded. Once WoW is loaded, there is no flickering at all. Also there was no flickering the very first time I used Windows 8 to load WoW. I suspect the culprit is something I added to Windows 8 later.

6. Victor Leigh

TheDespite

Are you perhaps running the World of Warcraft from different partition of you HDD than your Windows 8?
    If you are, I suggest you try installing World of Warcraft on the same partition as your Win8.

TheDespite, Apr 28, 2012
  7. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh

I am running WoW from a different partition than the one with Windows. This is a normal procedure. Like I said earlier, I don't have this problem when I load WoW from Windows 7 and I didn't have this problem the very first time I loaded WoW from Windows 8. So logically it has to be something to do with what I have added later to Windows. Now I have to track back and see what modifications I have made.

Victor Leigh, Apr 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question