Restore dual boot capability. Dual booting windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by themarting, Oct 27, 2013.

1. themarting

themarting

Ok, so i did a fresh install of windows 8 on an SSD. I have a seperate SSD with a good Windows 7 install, and two 1TB hard drives.

For some reason, i can no longer dual boot to windows 7, it boots straight to windows 8.

Can anyone tell me how to restore the boot menu so that i can have the option to boot to windows 7 again?

themarting, Oct 27, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. themarting

davehc

Download the Easybcd program. It gives you options to edit a boot menu. Otherwise, you could boot up on the Windows 7 DVD and "repair start". But I think, once when I had to do this, it reverted to a simple black boot menu - noy the new graphical menu.

davehc, Oct 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. themarting

themarting

Ah yes, I've tried EasyBCD before.

I do want the graphical boot menu but to be honest i wouldnt mind the black & white boot menu either. ill load up easybcd tonight, thanks

themarting, Oct 28, 2013
  4. themarting

themarting

I ended up going into BIOS and setting the SSD with windows 7 as the primary, as it was already set to show me the dual boot screen. went to black and white text boot screen but it was too easy. Thanks for the help.

themarting, Oct 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question