Remove the display of the number of updates in Store app

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by balubeto, Jun 1, 2014.

1. balubeto

balubeto

Hi

With Windows 8.1 Update, I disabled, for all users, the automatic updates and installations of the apps from the Store app.

Now, how do I remove, for all users, the display of the number of updates that appear in the lower right corner of the Store tile?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jun 1, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. balubeto

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Have you tried adjusting the notification setting inside the permissions setting.
    Open the store tile app, then hover your cursor near the top right to evoke the charms bar for that app, then choose settings and then permissions. See attachment.

Attached Files:

Trouble, Jun 1, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. balubeto

balubeto

Perfect.

Now, how do I make sure that this is true for all users?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jun 2, 2014
  4. balubeto

Unfortunately I've looked through the interfaces that control notifications for all apps including "Store" and was unable to find one that was global (impacting all users), for a single app.
    Windows 8 Group Policy has a couple settings that deal with App Notification including a new feature call "App Locker" where you can create some specific rules. Unfortunately most of these seem to be a bit heavy handed, either turning off all app notifications or turning off the Store App.
    So for the time being it seems that a global setting (impacting all users), stopping notifications for a single app is unavailable or at least I can't find it.
    So it would seem that you would need to log on as each individual user and adjust the notification regarding specific apps as that user.

WinLogo Key + C
    Settings
    Change PC Settings
    Search and Apps
    Notifications

If you find anything further please let us know. It's an interesting enough issue that I for one, would like to see any followup.

Attached Files:

Trouble, Jun 2, 2014
  5. balubeto

balubeto

This morning I realized that this method does not work if a user has some apps to update but he still has not updated them. In this case, the display of the number of updates still appears though the Notifications option is disabled. How come?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jun 3, 2014
  6. balubeto

I, quite honestly have no idea. There is likely some kinda of history or cache holding that type of data so you may want to try a Google search of clearing Tile cache history or something similar.
    Keep us posted.

Trouble, Jun 3, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question