Remove Ease Of Access icon from logon screen

Discussion in 'Tablet / Surface Devices' started by skrambam, Jul 3, 2015.

1. skrambam

skrambam

I really like Win 8.1 and its many improvements over Win 7 although I do not use the Start screen.

My tablet has no problem and is working exactly as designed; I am not trying to fix anything that is broken.

What I want is to remove the Ease Of Access button, icon, menu, whatever it's called, from the logon screen on my Windows 8.1 tablet. I do not want to disable, turn off, or remove Ease Of Access tools from the tablet. I want to remove or disable the icon only from the logon screen, just the logon screen, just that one icon.

A solution would be to break that Ease Of Access icon only on the logon screen but with Ease Of Access remaining fully operable throughout the system as normal.

After logging on I want the Ease Of Access tools fully available as normal except not on the logon screen.

A registry hack would be OK. I will make a disk image backup in case I break anything so I can return to where I started if needed.

Any ideas out there?

skrambam, Jul 3, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. skrambam

Rajittaa

Why do you want to remove that option from the logon?

Rajittaa, Jul 6, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. skrambam

skrambam

The device is a WinBook TW700, a small 7" tablet. The Ease of Access icon is in the lower left corner. I am right handed and naturally hold the tablet with my left hand. This leads to frequent inadvertent activation of the EoA icon. Typically it will start talking and otherwise interfering with my access. However, I use the Magnifier all the time (not to log on) because the screen is so small, so I don't want to disable EoA completely. If I could disable the other EoA functions without disabling the Magnifier, that would work also. I use a small true Bluetooth, not usb, mouse with a Magnify button, that makes this small tablet actually useful. Can you help?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    skrambam, Jul 7, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question