Refreshed Windows 8.1, Now programs not showing up in programs and features

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Tererize, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Tererize

Tererize

I refreshed my windows 8.1. Now tons of my games and programs are no longer in programs and features. It seems it is the programs I have on my hard drive in E. C drive is my SSD with windows installed on it. I have tons of games and other programs such as Malwarebytes, VlC Media player, etc that are there but no longer show up in Programs and features. I know these programs are there, I can use them/play them. How can I get programs and features to recognize all my downloaded items? Anything new I put on the E drive will show up in the list. Everything before the refresh isn't showing.

Tererize, Aug 6, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Tererize

Tererize

I found a folder on my desktop called "Apps removed while refreshing your PC". It has all my programs tht are not in programs and features listed. I can click some of them and it will take me to the website of that app. However, all of these programs ARE still on my computer. They are on the E drive. I can click the desktop icons for these programs and they all work fine. I want them in my programs and features list again so I can uninstall them if I ever need to. Anyone have any ideas?

Tererize, Aug 6, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Tererize

davidhk129

davidhk129, Aug 6, 2014
  4. Tererize

davehc

A thought occurs to me that you could possibly look at your "recovery" options and perhaps find a file there that pre-dates the refresh. That would put you back to square one.

davehc, Aug 7, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question