Rebooting issue when wrong password is entered

Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by jubbly, Nov 9, 2012.

1. jubbly

jubbly

When I boot up windows to the log in screen, if I put in a wrong password by mistake the computer reboots! That can't be normal. Has anyone experienced this?

Now I obviously try to put the right one in but if I make a mistake I have to wait for a full reboot.

jubbly, Nov 9, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. jubbly

NickJ

Not normal indeed. Maybe you need to check your settings or something. It's never happened to me. Also cook up a hard password but one that is also easy to remember for YOU specifically.

NickJ, Nov 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. jubbly

jubbly

Well, it seems it isn't just wrong passwords. It seems to be random.

I boot up the computer and type in my password and it reboots. Sometimes it even reboots halfway through putting the password in.

It never happens twice though. It will reboot once and then be fine. It is seriously annoying.

jubbly, Nov 14, 2012
  4. jubbly

NickJ

Might wanna check out the usuals just to be sure nothing on a larger scale is wrong. Sounds virus related. But a strange problem, and one of the few I've never heard of before.

NickJ, Nov 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question