RAM Suggestions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by airplayne, May 31, 2013.

1. airplayne

airplayne

I recently purchased a HP laptop, with Windows 8, that currently only has 4 gigs of RAM. Should I go ahead and upgrade this or just leave it the way it is? If I remember correctly I am able to upgrade to a max of 8.

airplayne, May 31, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. airplayne

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

First...... are you running the 64bit version of Windows8?? If not you'd be wasting your money.
    Second, how does you typical memory usuage look under the performance tab of Task Manager.
    Third, shop it around if you decide to do so as memory prices have recently taken a slight uptick, but will likely return after a month or so.
    4 gigs is a lot of memory, my memory usuage typically doesn't exceed 2.5 gigs unless I'm into multiple VMs, or video / audio production.

Trouble, May 31, 2013
    Lokitns likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. airplayne

airplayne

Yup, running the 64 bit version (is there a 32 bit version of windows 8?). Depending on what I am running I may come close maxing it out, but that is only in the rare cases of running more than one heavy resource processes.

airplayne, Jun 2, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question