Rainmeter?

Discussion in 'Customization' started by hlw_rocer, May 29, 2013.

1. hlw_rocer

hlw_rocer

I'm not sure if this is the right section, but does rainmeter work with windows 8? For those of you who don't know what rainmeter is, it's a program that allows a ton of customization on your desktop, ranging from extremely complex things, to relatively simple looking ones (google them for exampels). Let me know if it works, and post pictures of your desktop!

hlw_rocer, May 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. hlw_rocer

Lokitns

I had Rainmeter working on 8 a few months ago, and if I remember right I had to install a few different scripts that "unlocked" certain files in Windows. However after some searches it seems like it works perfectly fine on 8 now. I stopped using it awhile ago though, because it would hang when switching screens. Maybe I'll give it another whirl now, with all these new updates.

Lokitns, May 30, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. hlw_rocer

themarksquared

Rainmeter worked pretty stable for me. I've had no problems using the said program, whatsoever. I just had to uninstall the program because I felt that it was unnecessary and it would just hog down my system's resources. Despite that, it works great on Windows 8.

themarksquared, Jun 3, 2013
  4. hlw_rocer

silverslayer33

It works perfectly fine on Windows 8 with me. Here's an image, like you asked:
    [​IMG]

To my knowledge there are no major flaws with it currently. It installs without any troubles and it doesn't require anything special on Windows 8, so I would say it's fully functional and does its duty well on Windows 8.

silverslayer33, Jun 6, 2013
  5. hlw_rocer

airplayne

Out of curiosity what is rainmaker used for?

airplayne, Jun 6, 2013
  6. hlw_rocer

davehc

davehc, Jun 14, 2013
  7. hlw_rocer

airplayne

Interesting. I am a bit of a minimalist when it comes to my computer desktop. So, I am not sure if I would have a use for this.

airplayne, Jun 14, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question