Programs for windows 8

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by agoodwriter, Apr 9, 2012.

1. agoodwriter

agoodwriter

Hey.

There are thousands of programs what doesn't support windows 8?.. Does those programs work with windows 8 what used to work with win7?

Thanks.

agoodwriter, Apr 9, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. agoodwriter

Ian Administrator

I'd be surprised if many Windows 7 applications don't work with Windows 8 - as it's not a huge change under the hood (as much as it may appear different). So don't worry, you shouldn't run in to any problems (especially as compatibility mode will fix the majority of minor problems).

Ian, Apr 11, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. agoodwriter

Victor Leigh

So far I have tested one very important program. Well, very important for me. And this program works fine. It's World of Warcraft. Plus the Curse client. So far so good.

Victor Leigh, Apr 23, 2012
  4. agoodwriter

Rob Gould

All my programs have worked, even the fingerprint software which is usually finicky.

Rob Gould, Jun 11, 2012
  5. agoodwriter

davehc

Agreed with the comments. I have 25 of my own programs running 100%, and have tested several others - no problems so far. There are one or two, which I have heard, are giving problems. But, agoodwriter, do you have a source for your statement? I would love to investigate and challenge the remark!

davehc, Jun 11, 2012
  6. agoodwriter

Michael Phan

From my experience, all my applications I used on W7 work 100% on W8. The OS is pretty much the same, except for the new metro style microsoft introduced.

Michael Phan, Jun 24, 2012
  7. agoodwriter

NickJ

All of the usual programs will work with Windows 8 I am sure. As long as MSN 9, Google Chrome, and IE8/9 work with Windows 8 I'm good.

NickJ, Oct 23, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question