Printing Test pages with proper account

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Roger Laurel, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Roger Laurel

Roger Laurel

I am wondering how to correct this.

I installed a new Windows 8.1 machine with a local administrator & 2 local user accounts. In the course of setting up one of the local user accounts, I errored & named the 2 local user incorrectly.

I installed a printer & was printing a test page for each account. Upon printing a test page for the error account name, I realized my error & went back & corrected the account name. Login with with proper account name is fine.

However, when I print a test page for this 'changed name' account, the test page prints out the former (incorrect) account name as the initiator of the test print! I thought changing the account name would take care of this. The printing works, but the name of the account which generated the "Test page" did not! ???

I have tried rebooting the machine, removing & reinstalling the printer under the 'troubled' account. I tried restarting the machine to no avail. The one thing I have not tried is deleting the printer under the troubled account, restarting the Windows 8 Operating System & then installing the printer again.

Something did not change in the registry! What & where is my error? I need to correct this & print a test page that indicates the print is coming from the correct workstation & the correct account installed on the workstation.

Roger Laurel, Jul 8, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Roger Laurel

bassfisher6522

Try removing the local account that is problematic and re-create it then add the printer to it and print test page.

bassfisher6522, Jul 8, 2015
    Trouble likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Roger Laurel

Roger Laurel

Worked perfectly! Had to set up the applications on the Start Screen again, but not a big deal. Easy! Thank you!

Roger Laurel, Jul 8, 2015
    Trouble likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question