Printer Issues

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by twh_bell2, Dec 24, 2012.

1. twh_bell2

twh_bell2

Not sure I have the right forum - but here goes .. Fresh install Win 8 Pro on Lenovo T500 .. Having issues with printers. I can follow basically the same process as in Win 7 Pro to install printers - or use the Printer Management console - which seems to be basically the same thing - and I can successfully install HP printers found on the network connected with jet direct cards (or at least it teels me I was successful) but it wont print even the Test Page .. (all printers are functional and printing from Win 7 over the network). I am connected to my home network (private) I can see and access files on my other computers ..

twh_bell2, Dec 24, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. twh_bell2

twh_bell2

An update- seems like eveything is okay when I am hard-wried into the netowrk via my switch - I just cant send a document to print when I am connected wrieless via my router - not sure I ever tried this before - maybe you just cant .. - any one care to elaborate

twh_bell2, Dec 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. twh_bell2

twh_bell2

Ok - solved - had mac address filtering on in my router - but did not specify the printer addresses -

twh_bell2, Dec 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question