Poor MS

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Trouble, May 28, 2013.

1. Trouble

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

There's a lot of chatter out there on the web about the new XboxOne.
    Probably why I found this article very interesting.
    It'll be interesting to see how Microsoft's case with The National Arbitration Forum proceeds.
    Too bad that guy isn't currently using the Domain Name for anything. Seems like a perfect place to start a forum and discuss all things XboxOne related. :)

Trouble, May 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Trouble

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

If it's taken, it's taken. I think it's a waste just sitting there, and whoever has it registered should sell it to Microsoft if they're not using it. But I am not at all wild about the precedent it would set if Microsoft could just take over the domain because they decided to name their product precisely that. Frankly, I think they dropped the ball here.

Core, May 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Trouble

davehc

It is something I have been discussing with a family member recently. In one of his bored moments, he prowled the web, and within minutes found seven websites which had not been active for more than a year. I wondered, perhaps an international committee should be appointed to oversee the internet and clean up a little. That could, of course, (a real danger) lead to a big brother attitude.
    Perhaps, if one is willing to continue paying for a host, it is their privilege to keep the site, active or not?

davehc, May 29, 2013
  4. Trouble

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa

The guy who registered the domain just made a lucky guess. He registered it long before Microsoft announced the name, so it's his domain. Kinda like investing in stock. I just went to the website, and the domain IS for sale, for $69.99. If MS doesn't even want to cough up $70 then they don't deserve it.

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa, Jun 23, 2013
  5. Trouble

davehc

Could be the thin edge of the wedge for the Microsoft budget. These are also for sale - and that is just the tip of the iceberg!
    xboxone.co kr125,88
    xboxone.info kr125,88
    xboxone.net kr125,88
    xboxone.org kr125,88
    xboxone.me kr125,88
    xboxone.biz kr125,88

davehc, Jun 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question