Path of Exile

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by hertihej, Feb 10, 2013.

1. hertihej

hertihej

Path of Exile is an amazing game made by GGG (Grinding Gear Games). it is an Action RPG, Dungeon Crawler that remind a lot about the Diablo series. You get to pick 1 of 6 heroes; The Templar, Marauder, Duellist, Witch, Ranger or Shadow. The big difference with this game compared to any other game is that all 6 heroes have the same skill tree and can use all abilities in the game (given that they meet the requirements, level or stat). But here is the thing, the Skill tree has over 1000 skill points to choose from, and each class has a different starting location.
    You can check the skill tree out here: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree

So in theory you can build any hero just the way you want, you can make so many unique things that only your imagination is the limit. And if all of this was not enough, the skills and abillites that your hero has can be modified by Support Gems. As an example; if you have a fireball ability, you can add the "lesser prodjectile" gem to it and now your hero will shoot our 3 fireballs that each deal 80% of the original damage. Another person might add the support gem "Support totem" and make a totem that shoots fireballs. A third person might think "Hey lets combine those 2" and make a totem that shoots 3 fireballs.

How you play the game and what path you take is up to you, one thing everyone has in common, everyone are exiles in the land of Wraeclast and have only one thing in mind, to survive!

The game is in open beta at the moment, you can check it out and sign up here for free: http://www.pathofexile.com/

And remember, the game will always be free and the microtransactions that GGG plans on making money from will not be able to give you any advantages in the game, only cosmetic changes.

hertihej, Feb 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. hertihej

Rebeldawg

Path of Exile is a really great game!

Rebeldawg, Mar 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. hertihej

DarkRepulser

Kinda looks like League of Legends, I was never too fond of strategic MMORPG games. But for the fans out there, have fun!

DarkRepulser, Mar 7, 2013
  4. hertihej

Rylag

I love this game but my first character failed because the path I took in the skill tree was really bad so I became really weak. I made a new character and followed a guide and I am progressing a lot better than my first character.

Rylag, Mar 21, 2013
  5. hertihej

Nicessaux

Really complex game... the builds you can come up with are insane... but it takes well over 30h of gameplay to get into it.

Nicessaux, Feb 8, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question