Official Windows 8 ISO Image Downloads

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by Oscar, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Oscar

Oscar

Hi guys,
    So I just bought a new computer which had windows 8 installed to it. With the computer I only got the productkey but no cd or file to use if I'd ever want to reinstall my computer or format it. My question is if there's any ISO files out there available for download so that I can download it, move it on to an USB and then boot my computer through it and thus install windows 8 using my productkey. I got the idea from a thread on the w7forums (http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/) which I used to boot my other computer who has windows 7 on it.

Thanks in advance!

Oscar, Jun 6, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Oscar

Shintaro Moderator

Welcome to the Win8Forums.

If you have a Brand name computer like Dell, HP etc have a partition that has a copy of the OS the way that is was installed in the factory. They have a backup utility that will create a backup set to CD/DVD/USB.
    The only real problem is that the Factory Reset will put the OS back on but also all the crap-ware as well.
    You can buy a DVD from Dell or HP but it will be the same as what is on the partition.

If you use a general windows 8 DVD then it will not have the specific drivers for HP, Dell's hardware. You can get them from their web site but it can be a bit of a pain.

You can put Win 8 on a USB, but I am not sure that the product key will work.

Shintaro, Jun 7, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Oscar

Speedbird

Speedbird, Jun 17, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question