Obama gets re-elected. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by NickJ, Nov 8, 2012.

1. NickJ

clifford (c_c)

Louisiana being one of the poorest of states has nothing to do with New Yorks dependency on other states. If every state closed it's borders from import and export, Louisiana would be one of the few states that would be able to adapt without needing a massive relocation of its residence.

Trust me, everyone would suffer if Louisiana every decides to close its borders. Think of all the gas lines traveling through the state of Louisiana. Thats a scary thought as Louisiana was one of the states that highly voted against Obama. If my memory serves me every state surrounding the Gulf voted against Obama. Now step back and look at all the farm lands and ask yourself who they voted for while looking at the 2012 electoral polls. I can tell you now that the majority of states that voted for Obama are highly populated and could not support themselves without the states that did not vote for Obama. This tells me the nation is highly split between highly populated states which have a high dependency on other states and _______(well you can fill in the blank).

clifford, Nov 18, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. NickJ

NickJ

Those states are highly populated because people want to live there. It never hurts to be popular. It's where people fly in for a weekend and spend lots of money on shopping, dinners, tourist stuff, etc. Or where people come to watch the ball drop on New Years Eve? They spend money.

Or come to see the Christmas displays in December? They spend money. And don't forget all those under 40's that move here for whatever career aspirations they have in movies or tv. Same as Los Angeles although not as often. Most of the younger people who move here are techies or want to be big on broadway. Broadway by the way, another thing folks come here to spend money on.

Manhattan has it's own sports team (Knicks), The Bronx has its own sports team (Yankees), and Queens has it's own team (Mets). And now the New Jersey Nets have moved to Brooklyn so Brooklyn has its own team. High taxation here in New York aside, the reason the state and city has a higher number of "dependents" than other states is because we're bigger and more popular. Now does it take those newcomers some time to get on their feet? Sure. But I guess it beats asking mom and dad for money.

Besides, we welcome all visitors and residers here in New York. It's good for the brand and the city's diversity in general.

NickJ, Nov 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. NickJ

Tchégéda

Yes. I agree and I approve this message :D
    This is an curiosity but the most of présidents are most popular abroad than in their country.

Tchégéda, Dec 8, 2012
  4. NickJ

lucasbytegenius

Seems to be that way, unfortunately. They don't live under them so they don't know the issues.

lucasbytegenius, Dec 15, 2012
  5. NickJ

clifford (c_c)

The problem is even those of us living in the US don't know all we need to know. The only thing we have to go by are the lies that they feed us.

clifford, Dec 15, 2012
  6. NickJ

jubbly

Well, Obama has reached the defining point in his presidency with this school shooting issue. Whatever he does now is going to alienate a large portion of the voting public. If this had happened before the recent election then he really would have been in a spot.

I don't think he has cahones to take on the NRA.

jubbly, Dec 17, 2012
  7. NickJ

lucasbytegenius

Exactly. So much stuff is always going on that they will never tell us, or use it to leverage decisions.

lucasbytegenius, Dec 17, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question