nVidia Geforce4 MX 4000 doesn't work

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Luis Felipe, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Luis Felipe

Luis Felipe

I've tried to install my VGA but I don't succeed :/
    I ran the setup in compatibility mode (XP SP3) but even that way It says I can't install

When I stall through compatibility mode it asks if I really want to install the drive, I click on "Yes" and nVidia setup says "The VGA driver wasn't installed".

Please, help me. I don't wanna to 1024x768! :(

Luis Felipe, Dec 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Luis Felipe

clifford (c_c)

Ouch, thats some old hardware!

There is not even Vista drivers for that card. For Vista drivers you would need the 5000 series or newer. For Windows 7 drivers you would need the 6000 series or newer. Windows 8 still supports the 6000 series or newer cards. With that said you could probably use Vista drivers (if they existed) in Windows 8, but I'm not positive.

Is upgrading your graphics card, not an option?

clifford, Dec 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Luis Felipe

Luis Felipe

Nope. that's not na option. :(

My Mo-bo is AGP, it's not even PCI-E. I've try to buy a 8400GS (yes I know it's a low card but even to play some games it Works) but I couldn't 'cause he (PC Store) owner said it wouldn't fit.

Luis Felipe, Dec 15, 2012
  4. Luis Felipe

Kougar Moderator

You can buy PCI and AGP cards that would allow you to run Windows 8 at a native resolution, but you're going to pay a lot to do so. It'd be better to just put that money toward a new, low-cost system and use the integrated graphics built into the processor.

If you absolutely want to keep using your old system, this was the cheapest PCI card I saw with WDDM support: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500262

Kougar, Dec 17, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question