No Connection and Unable to Connect Microsoft Account

Discussion in 'Networking' started by GN Jha, Feb 20, 2014.

1. GN Jha

GN Jha

Hi,

I have a Desktop with Windows 8.1 Enterprise 32-bit.
    I use internet with 3G Dongle/Data Card. Internet Speed is find. Even I can play and download music and video.
    I updated Windows 8.1 using Automatic Update. It was successful.
    AVG Internet Security in installed.
    Even I updated 3G Dongle driver.

However, I have two issues.
    1. No Connection and
    2. Unable to Connect Microsoft Account.I can access Microsoft Account on Web Browser. Its also working fine.
    I tried by disable of AVG Internet Security Firewall. No service provide for wired internet connection nearby my area so I didn't try it with wired connection.

Screenshot links:

http://speedy.sh/PZQYv/00.png
    http://speedy.sh/65yan/02.png

Pls help me to fix it.

Regards
    GN Jha

GN Jha, Feb 20, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. GN Jha

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

My first suggestion would be to completely remove AVG from your computer.
    First by using the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel to perform a conventional uninstall and then.....
    Follow that up by running the vendor specific proprietary removal tool found here http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities
    Install MSE from here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download
    And make sure during the installation to tick the box to turn on Windows Firewall.
    See if that process helps with your issue and let us know.

Trouble, Feb 21, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. GN Jha

GN Jha

Thank you for your reply.

I uninstalled AVG Internet Security and restarted Computer.
    Internet is working fine using 3G Dongle. I enabled & updated Windows Defender.
    Then I updated Windows 8.1 Enterprise using Automatic Update.
    Again I found same situation that I posted.

GN Jha, Feb 24, 2014
  4. GN Jha

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

OK, if I understand correctly.....
    It didn't work, then you removed AVG and it worked again.
    Then you performed a Windows Update on your Operating System (Win 8.1 Enterprise) and now you're back to the same problem again.
    If that is the case then perhaps Windows Update applied an inappropriate driver for one or more of your hardware devices.
    Did you notice during the update as to what was actually installed in the way of updates?

There is a couple ways of dealing with this.
    1. You could perform a system restore, going back to a restore point just prior to the updates but after the AVG removal. Not particularly elegant and you'll need to examine the updates as they'll be waiting in the wings to be reinstalled again.
    2. Device manager, right click the device(s) choose properties and click "Rollback" the driver.
    3. Just reinstall the drivers you said you updated from their respective manufacturer's in your Original Post.

In any case, for further reference you'll likely want to change the setting that impact how Windows Updates are applied with respect to your hardware devices.
    At the Windows 8 Start Screen just start typing Advanced System Settings you should see it at the top as the first selection as you are typing. Click it.
    Select the Hardware Tab and then click the "Device Installation Settings" button.
    On the resultant page click the "No, let me choose what to do" radio button and then the "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

Good luck and keep us posted.

Trouble, Feb 24, 2014
  5. GN Jha

GN Jha

No dear..

I didn't find any of above messages.

GN Jha, Feb 24, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question