No Aero in final versions of Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by brkkab123, May 21, 2012.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

I beginning to think that Microsoft really doesn't want to sell Windows 8. 1st no dvd playback. 2nd Windows Media Center is only going to be available to Windows 8 Pro customers that purchase the Windows Anytime Upgradeish WMC addon. 3rd no Start Menu in the Desktop UI. The final nail in the coffin by Microsoft is no Aero in the final version either. Maybe, it's just me, but this os is getting so dumbed down that it's a downgrade instead of a upgrade. Here's a link to prove the no Aero one. http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/microsoft_plans_kill_aero_ui_prior_final_windows_8_release

brkkab123, May 21, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. brkkab123

clifford (c_c)

Aero was a strong point for me, while moving away from Windows XP.

I am severely disappointed in Microsoft for the decisions they have made in Windows 8. To be honest I don't care what they do, if they would quit taking away users choice.

clifford, May 21, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. brkkab123

brkkab123

I really don't think I'm going to waste my money on it. The main thing I use, I already have the same version as 8 has in 7. Wow dx 11.1 is really the only useful thing 7 doesn't have. More than likely MS will have to port it to 7, as by what I've seen in 8, 7 is the new XP and 8 is Millenium/Vista.

brkkab123, May 21, 2012
  4. brkkab123

brkkab123

Hey Clifford here's another stupid one they did. In the Desktop UI they still have the Gadgets, but for both 7 & 8, their gadget website now only has i page, not the 50+ pages that used to exist. I think MS needs to do a serious cleanup and bring in new employees that have a clue what us customer's end users want. The Windows Store is a perfect example. Where are the Desktop apps at ? Most true pc user's are going to spend at least 60% or more on the destop, not Metro. They think they're going to kill off desktop pc's. What's going to happen there is Apple & Linux's customer's are going to increase rapidly.I also know from doing it with Vista & 7. When you use a utilty to add a feature or tweak a feature and then have to run CheckDisk at a later time. It usually erases that feature/tweak or says your os isn't valid.

brkkab123, May 21, 2012
    Tchégéda and clifford like this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question