No Admin Right because of changing my account type to Standard in netplwiz dialog box.Please help Me

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Harry Gates, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Harry Gates

Harry Gates

I recently updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1,there was no problem until I messed with netplwiz. I added a password to my account and suddenly didn't want my password. I don't know why I did this but I googled how to remove my password in windows 8.1 and it said to start Run by pressing Windows+R and type netplwiz and then I ticked the box to start Windows without asking for password. I could have stopped there but my curiosity got ahead of me and yielded very bad results . There was only one local account on my laptop , I saw the name of it in netplwiz box and and I changed my account type to a Standard account. And things went really bad ... I couldn't open certain application which would normally require permission to run . I just wanna change my account to administrator without reinstalling windows or losing any kind of data. So kindly help me out. 2fb12f3d-c8d1-412f-9799-82dc7300a40f.jpg 363eae84-12b5-426f-a2b8-fcc1cd69fbda.jpg

Harry Gates, Jun 20, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question