New release - Start Menu 8 v1.3.0 by IOBit. Freeware.

Discussion in 'Customization' started by davidhk129, Oct 8, 2013.

1. davidhk129

davidhk129

I used to have Start Menu 8 v1.2.1 installed on my Win 8 Pro and it worked great.
    Then I upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro and the Start menu 8 was not compatible.

Yesterday I found out that a new version of Start Menu 8 by IOBit was released, claiming it is completely compatible to Win 8.1 rtm.
    I installed it, just to see if it is true. It works. Looks and works just like Win 7.
    Just want to share with anyone still longing for a good old Start menu experience.
    The software is free.
    See screenshot..........In keeping with the new OS, I chose a different Start button instead of the traditional orb.

Start Menu 8 v1.3.0.png

davidhk129, Oct 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. davidhk129

Sugarhill

I am still waiting for your answer as to how that Start menu is more beneficial to you over the Start Screen. I will be forever curious about how that gives you more.

Sugarhill, Oct 11, 2013
    davehc likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. davidhk129

themarting

Just out of curiosity, does that work on windows 8? (not 8.1)

The reason I ask is i cant update to windows 8.1 right now, due to my users folder being moved off of my SSD to an HDD

I was looking forward to the start menu in 8.1, but i guess that wont be happening. Im still using windows 7 in the meantime

themarting, Oct 29, 2013
  4. davidhk129

MyDigitalpoint

My computer came without any start menu, but at the first update, Hewlett Packard installed a quick start menu application.

Funny thing here is that before getting Windows 8 I thought that the lack of the traditional start menu would be a hassle, but now that I tried it, I see that I don't really need a start application, despite this looks appealing though,

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 8, 2013
    davehc likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question