.NET 4.5 causing problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by lucasbytegenius, Jan 9, 2013.

1. lucasbytegenius

lucasbytegenius

As some of you know, I went back to Windows 7 because I couldn't run any of my .NET programs. Wunderlist and MetroTwit both wouldn't launch on Windows 8.

So I went back to Windows 7 and things worked fine until I updated to .NET 4.5. Then my .NET apps just stopped working altogether.

Has anybody else had this issue?

lucasbytegenius, Jan 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. lucasbytegenius

Nibiru2012 Moderator

No problems on this end.

Did you try the latest version of Wunderlist, which is version 2? Did you try the Metrotwit app for Windows 8?

Nibiru2012, Jan 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. lucasbytegenius

lucasbytegenius

Yes of course I tried the latest version of Wunderlist, that's the whole reason I installed Wunderlist and wanted to use it

And the MetroTwit app from the Windows store sucks compared to the desktop version, so I wanted to use the desktop version.

lucasbytegenius, Jan 10, 2013
  4. lucasbytegenius

Ace

I was using .NET 4.5 on Windows 7 without any issues back when the beta for Visual Studio 2011 came out no problem. How were you installing .NET 4.5? With VS or independently? Did it install without any errors? Check your EventViewer to see if any errors occur from trying to run a .NET based application or back when you installed the framework.

Ace, Jan 14, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question