My computer goes in hibernate mode randomly (even when i am on the computer)

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Simon, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Simon

Simon

My computer goes to hibernate mode even though i am still sitting on it and using it. Any one that have had the same experience? i have windows 8,1. and i have no idea of how i am going to fix this problem. It is starting to annoy me. when i fx is on skype and in a call. it just goes to hibernate and shuts down the call?. Please help.

Simon, Apr 8, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Simon

davidhk129

How do you know it is "hibernate" and not "sleep" , or is it just choice of words ?

Change your Power Settings.............
    Go to Charm Bar > select Start > anywhere inside the window, type power options > right side, click Power Options > left side, click Choose when to turn off the display > right side, under Battery and Plug In, click the pointer and select NEVER > click Save Changes.
    Right side, click Change Plan Settings > click Change advanced power settings >Use the scroll bar and go down to Multimedia settings > click the + sign in front of Multimedia settings > click the + sign in front of When sharing media > click at the words Allow computer to sleep and change it to Prevent idling to sleep > click OK when done.

One more. Is your screensaver option enabled ? If yes, disable it.
    How ?
    Go back to desktop window, right click at an open spot > click Personalize > bottom right, is Screensaver " On " ?
    If yes, click it > under Screen saver heading, click the pointer and select NONE > click OK when done.

davidhk129, Apr 9, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Simon

Simon

Thanks. I'll give it a shot! :)

Simon, Apr 9, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question