Mouse driver has to be restarted to work?

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by GGovan, Feb 19, 2013.

1. GGovan

GGovan

So it happens every once in a while, after using my laptop with the touchpad for a while, when I reconnect my mouse, (Made by Microsoft, Intellimouse) it doesn't work..
    And if I check the device manager I see a driver with a weird name that seems to have a problem, all I need to do is to "Deactivate" and then "Activate" and it works..

I get's a bit annoying to have to do this everytime I connect my mouse..
    So is there any solution for this?

GGovan, Feb 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. GGovan

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Trouble, Feb 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. GGovan

davehc

Mine does the same. I don't pay heed to it anymore but would be interested if anyone has a solution. I believe it is a combination of the USB driver and mouse that causes it, but that's a guess

davehc, Feb 20, 2013
  4. GGovan

bassfisher6522

This is why I don't use MS peripheral hardware, there is always some kind of bug/compatibility issue. I'm partial to Logitech hardware for everyday computer usage and then for my gaming needs I get the proper gaming hardware

bassfisher6522, Feb 20, 2013
  5. GGovan

GGovan

I used the Intellimouse 4500 if i'm correct.
    Good to see that i'm not the only one having this problem..
    It's usually after using the touchpad for some time, and then log in another account and connect the mouse, it bugs at that moment.

GGovan, Feb 21, 2013
  6. GGovan

davehc

fwiw. Mine is an IBM/Lenovo optical. USB connection.

davehc, Feb 21, 2013
  7. GGovan

Kougar Moderator

When it happens, will the issue correct itself when you unplug, wait a second, then plug the USB mouse back in? I have an old Microsoft mouse that does this all the time, it's just an issue with the mouse & how Microsoft designed its hardware. Never had another mouse do it either, just that one model...

Kougar, Feb 23, 2013
  8. GGovan

MedicAlert

I have the same issue on my Lenovo A6010 Wired mouse. It disconnects and tries to reinstall the generic mouse drivers, and it annoys the jelly out of me.

MedicAlert, Mar 4, 2013
  9. GGovan

Prashant

I have Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop and Dell mouse but same problem I also face sometimes. After 5 minute, it automatically start working fine. I also couldn't understand where is the problem :)

Prashant, Mar 4, 2013
  10. GGovan

DarkRepulser

Try updating your mouse driver or reinstalling it via device manager? Hit the Windows key + R and type devmgmt.msc, and try to update your mouse driver.

DarkRepulser, Mar 5, 2013
  11. GGovan

Jessi

I have had that happen before with select mice before, too.

Another tip is to make sure you plug it into the same port every single time. It shouldn't matter, but occasionally if you try swapping between ports, it'll recognize the device, but not actually be able to run it like it should. It's annoying, but it can make a difference.

Jessi, Mar 11, 2013
  12. GGovan

bryce12

I have not come across this problem but it seems like this could be a driver issue. I would recommend checking if there is a new driver available and installing it promptly. Many times old drivers create problems with latest operating systems so you must get the latest drivers while installing the new operating system.

bryce12, Apr 26, 2013
  13. GGovan

Lokitns

I had this happen twice actually, and now my computer wont pick up the mice at all. They work just fine on my laptop and on my brothers tower, but if they plug into mine they just flatout come up with unrecognizable device 043 errors. Good luck :\

Lokitns, Jun 1, 2013
  14. GGovan

adamsmith

though I'm not suffering with similar trouble here many are facing but the various ideas the link you have posted contains is going to be suggestive to me just for a cause of adding some more informative facts to my knowledge..

adamsmith, Jun 19, 2013
  15. GGovan

Andy Moore

cursor fail to respond until i restart and after restart, it will not still work..It was working just fine until i came online and i think it might be an update problem..

Andy M.

Andy Moore, Jun 19, 2013
  16. GGovan

mikelouis

Use the correct mouse driver and it will work without much hassle. This problem occurs if the drivers installed are of a different model.

mikelouis, Oct 14, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question