Microsofts Windows Store for Windows 8 opens to all developers

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by allswl, Sep 12, 2012.

1. allswl

allswl

Today Microsoft opened its Windows Store , which is really a built-in app store mainly for Windows RT and Windows 8 -- to developers today. The store will be available in 120 markets most of which are newly supported
    According to Microsoft officials all eligible Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) subscribers will be provided with a Windows Store developer account for free for one year.

Since the start of August or there about, there are close to 450 "Metro-Styled" WinRT-based apps available in the Windows Store. Some 1,033 Windows Store apps currently available worldwide.

Most of the apps currently available in the Store are mainly consumer-focused offerings such as games.

Now on October 25, Windows RT and Windows 8 will be launched. and will be available the next day along with Microsoft's Surface RT tablets.

allswl, Sep 12, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. allswl

davehc

This is the original source:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsstor...windows-store-now-open-to-all-developers.aspx

There are certainly a large number of games in the store. I'll take the pundits word for it that they are a majority. The games, however, are mostly trivia, suitable for children of a very early age. To be fair, there are a huge number of useful items in the other categories, also.
    I am using a couple of the time wasting games, such as Solitaire and Backgammon but, until Microsoft make the Metro apps available as NON full screen, I am obliged to continue using third party legacy desktop apps. My routine computer work requires multitasking, and , for the present, this is not available if using a single monitor.

These are the current categories:
    • Social
    • Entertainment
    • Photos
    • Music & videos
    • Books & reference
    • News & weather
    • Food & dining
    • Shopping
    • Travel
    • Finance
    • Productivity
    • Tools
    • Security
    Again, I haven't chosen to count, but I understand there are more than 90 free applications/games in the store.

davehc, Sep 12, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question