Microsoft will not be adding back the Start Button

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by clifford, Apr 2, 2012.

1. clifford

clifford (c_c)

clifford, Apr 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. clifford

Silver8

Silver8, Apr 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. clifford

davehc

davehc, Apr 3, 2012
  4. clifford

Alex19

I wish this is just a rumour because, as someone said before, Windows 8 should be intuitive and we don`t need a tutorial on how to use it.

In my opinion, I would like a better Windows, faster and with better features rather than changing graphics.

Alex19, Apr 8, 2012
  5. clifford

imda1234

Windows 8 without start button ? That is just bad, i wish this is just a rumor.I'm very much used to the start button in all of the previous versions of windows (7,vista,xp). Hopefully this isn't true :(

imda1234, Apr 8, 2012
  6. clifford

davehc

This kind of post query is becoming quite common in the few Windows 8 forums. It is srill speculation of course. IO always assume when the posters mention the Start button, they really mean the start button and it contents (program files etc9?? But it isn't such a big deal. Should there be anyone who really wants it back, and, nmore im├ąportant, also assuming MS will give us better, and more positive, access to the desktop, there are already several third party programs which can replace both the old menus and, in at least one case, the start button also.

davehc, Apr 8, 2012
  7. clifford

cyryll26

I'm not sure if i just misunderstood all the commentaries and previews of windows 8 that I've seen, but I thought the metro-styled interface was to be the replacement of the old menu-style start button.

cyryll26, Apr 10, 2012
  8. clifford

Victor Leigh

I must admit that when I first fired up Windows 8, I did spend more than fifteen minutes looking for the start button. Then when I found out how I can get things done without the start button, I had a good laugh at myself. It reminded me of the very first time I used a Mac and couldn't find the right mouse button.

Victor Leigh, Apr 25, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question