Microsoft Surface w/Windows RT

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by brkkab123, Jun 21, 2012.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

I just heard through one of the site's I follow in FeedDemon that Microsoft is going to sell the low end arm equipped Surface with Windows RT for $600.00. I do beleive Ballmer & company all need to get drug test's done to themselve's immediately, as they're all obviously high on something. Windows RT is locked out from all 3rd party software. Windows RT is stripped down to begin with. The Surface that comes with it should be no more than $250.00. I hate to think how much the Surface with Windows 8 Pro and the Intel 15 cpu is going to cost. Probably $1500.00-2000.00. With Microsoft pricing scheme Apple & Google needn't worry, as Microsoft is obviously trying to put itself out of busineess. Anyone with 1/2 a brain isn't going to pay $600.00 for the stripped down tab;et. Hell, you can run more than Micrisift software on a netbook for less than $300.00 now with a dual-core cpu. I seriously think Bill Gates need's to find a replacement for Ballmer fast..

brkkab123, Jun 21, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. brkkab123

brkkab123

brkkab123, Jun 21, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. brkkab123

davehc

I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop with Microsoft. I have been a loyal supporter over the years, but am quite apprehensive of their future now. I remained a little on the fence with the increasing revelation of Windows 8, but since then have only felt dismay over the tablet plans.
    Bill Gates? Well, he did boob over his (non) vision of the future of computing and the internet, some years ago but, as you may be aware(?), Bill Gates is not a Microsoft Corp. CEO any more. He has dropped out from all of his functions and is now a consultant to the company. He remains a big shareholder of Microsoft, but possibly has a declining interest in its affairs. I would imagine that, with his wealth, the future of Microsoft is not his primary interest now..

davehc, Jun 22, 2012
  4. brkkab123

brkkab123

Personally, I think they need to start doing some serious firing and hiring. The more they worsen 8 by the day/week only prove's they haven't got a clue. Maybe it's just me, but it kind of feel's like they're trying to put Microsoft out of business. O.K., we put this factory restore in Windows 8, but if you make system images, it's un-needed.. Then we made it boot faster, but unless your pc has a uefi, it can screw it up by not loading properly. We then took away the ability to get into the real safe mode, where nothing else is able to run. We then sped up CheckDisk, without giving anyone the option to setup a full disk check on next pc restart. We then super-hid pretty much everything and what we didn't or weren't able to figure out how to super-hide, we just plain removed it. Yet, all desktop & notebook user's truly need Windows 8. That'll probably be a commercial this holiday season. Funny how they say netbook's are dead and then come out with a tablet, that truly you can't do anything more with, other than move/open thing's with your finger's for twice as much money and it can only run Microsoft software. No 3rd party anything, including browsers, utilities, apps.A ton of lawsuits will arise from that one, as they where blockrf from that by pretty much all government's in the past. Most recent was when 7 was coming out and everyone, but U.S. citizen's got the web browser ballot.

brkkab123, Jun 22, 2012
  5. brkkab123

yodap

600./us gets you a really fricken' nice laptop these days that is really customizable with W7 or a non customizable dumbed down tablet with W8 that may be the tablet to end all tablet's but is still just a silly tablet. I thank my lucky stars that I don't need a computer in my business until I get home. It's ironic that MS and Apple have both lost their visionaries and are being led by yes men and women. I actually think W8 is ok, not the metro part, but it's very fast on good hardware. I'll slowly gravitate towards open source as W7 starts to fade from existence in the coming years. Sad!

yodap, Jun 23, 2012
  6. brkkab123

brkkab123

so true $600..00 can get you a decent laptop or desktop. $600.00 for the low-end Surface tab;et thst come's with Windows 8 RT, isn't however, for the simple fact you have no choice in software at all. No 3rd party anything, including browsers.

brkkab123, Jun 23, 2012
  7. brkkab123

brkkab123

brkkab123, Jun 24, 2012
  8. brkkab123

MichaelAllen

Microsoft better hope that its partners can deliver the kind of products that will keep the hundreds of millions of desktop Windows users from defecting to the competition as they transition to mobile platforms for work and play.

MichaelAllen, Jun 28, 2012
  9. brkkab123

brkkab123

They've pretty much pissed off their partner's with the Surface. That could actually hurt them real bad, really fast. What if their partner's jump to Apple or Linux. Nvidia started putting out driver's for Linux, a few month's back. Could it be, they saw the writing on the wall ? Windows 8 is truly only a tablet o.s. In this economy, most people don't have the money for new pc's yearly or even bi-yearly.

brkkab123, Jun 28, 2012
  10. brkkab123

allswl

Aren't they about to come out with a new O/S some time next year. if that is so why should be bother buying the Surface.

allswl, Nov 26, 2012
  11. brkkab123

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

What partners, OEMs? They can't. Apple doesn't allow OS X or iOS to be run on anything but their own hardware. Linux? Heh, no. Driver support is really lacking in most cases. You'd have to build your own version of it, like Google with their Chrome OS, and that takes a lot of time and resources.

As for nVidia, they're late with their drivers, ATI has been providing their own Linux drivers for a good while now, and it has nothing to do with Windows 8.

Core, Nov 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question