Microsoft Surface News

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by Tchégéda, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Tchégéda

Tchégéda

Tchégéda, Oct 18, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Tchégéda

allswl

The reviews for the Surface (some have been pretty negative), has been mixed and I guess it will all boil down to what consumers prefer, the features and its usability. One concern with the Surface was the Keyboard. The 3mm-thick keyboard will surely take some getting use to but it still works well

allswl, Oct 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Tchégéda

jubbly

Is the Surface being sold in MS shops only? I went into Scan in the UK yesterday and asked to see the new surface tablet and he said it isn't in any stores and you can only get it online. That can't be right surely.

What are MS playing at? This scan store had big displays for windows 8 and you could buy the retail OS no problem but people keen to see the surface tablet can't get it.

That's a mistake in my book. Are MS trying to go all exclusive like apple?

jubbly, Nov 4, 2012
  4. Tchégéda

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

I hope the people who buy the Windows RT version of Surface realize that this isn't a flat laptop or netbook; it's a tablet, and you cannot install any desktop applications on it, you can only install apps from Microsoft's App Store or whatever it's called, and the selection there is, for now, not the best.

I am only mentioning this because while people are used to the fact that you can't install desktop applications on an iPad, with Windows-based devices we're used to having a bit more freedom in this regard.

Core, Nov 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question