Microsoft Surface Mini to debut in mid-May?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by Shintaro, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Shintaro

Shintaro Moderator

Microsoft may be poised to launch its long-rumored Surface Mini tablet in May.

Full Story on ZDNet HERE.

Shintaro, Apr 24, 2014
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Shintaro

Ian Administrator

Very interesting. They really need to make a good foothold in the tablet market, as the Surface RT/Pro doesn't seem to have become a popular choice. With the easy availability of cheap (and pretty good) Android tablets, they're going to have to try and compete on price. I managed to pick up a Surface Pro + Keyboard for around £350, a bargain for hardware of that spec - so perhaps the Surface Mini will come in at a sensible price after all.

Ian, Apr 25, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Shintaro

Shintaro Moderator

It's going to be a very interesting market. Now that Steve Jobs has passed, I wonder if Apple will fail like they did when they sacked him. He was the driving force behind Apple innovation.

Also Microsoft's recent purchase of Nokia's Mobile Phone business should see Windows taking a bigger foot hold. Because Microsoft didn't license the Lumia brand, it was instead the low end Asha brand.

If Microsoft push the price down of good quality, feature rich phones, then Apple will lose market share. I think that it is where Microsoft is looking. Not everyone in the world can buy a new $800 US mobile phone. But imagine Windows on Nokia's low end hardware.

Shintaro, Apr 25, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question