Microsoft Is Removing Xbox One DRM

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sonic, Jun 20, 2013.

1. sonic

sonic

The negative PR really took its toll. I was expecting this to happen, it just seemed inevitable. There was just too much negative feedback. Though I'm sure there is still something people will complain about (Kinect comes to mind).

Source

sonic, Jun 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. sonic

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

WOW... that is good news.
    Maybe for a change they've averted shooting themselves in the foot yet again.

Trouble, Jun 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. sonic

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa

Right now I really wish I bought some MS stock beforehand...

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa, Jun 23, 2013
  4. sonic

themarksquared

I guess Microsoft realized how stupid their decisions were and performed a complete 180! Good job, Microsoft. My faith in you when it comes to gaming consoles have been restored.

themarksquared, Jul 15, 2013
  5. sonic

wowtgp

I don't think Microsoft did it for us. They are too evil to do that. They must have realized that their console has not been performing ell in terms of pre-orders. It's a good move though, but a bit too late. have already pre-ordered a PS4.

wowtgp, Aug 6, 2013
  6. sonic

vaibhav402

Well this is certainly good news. But I don't trust MS anymore. There is no guarantee that they won't switch back to their previous policies. My take is that they want to establish a good user base and then pull the plug on their new policies. I don't believe that they are willing to lose all those RnD money just because there was a backlash. That being said, neither of the consoles are safe. PS4 and XB1 both have left used games policies up to devs and publishers. We all know what they are going to do. Expect online passes to return.

vaibhav402, Aug 20, 2013
  7. sonic

wowtgp

They are doing a lot of things lately. They have reversed so many obnoxious and intrusive policies like an always-on Kinect. It would have been horrendous.

wowtgp, Sep 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question