Microsoft can forget me wasting my money !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brkkab123, Mar 19, 2012.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

Microsoft can pretty much forget me wasting any more money on any of their software. I'm running Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 on this pc. Ever since I put Windows 8 on my old pc, every day they lock my Hotmail account because of both pc's. Both pc's. have had full scan's run with Norton Internet Security 2012, SUPERAntiSpyware Professional, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free and HijackThis!2.04. They all even come up clean during Safe Mode scan's. Yet, I haven't been able to get into my Hotmail account or play Batman: Arkham Asylum or Arkham City since Thursday night. I've tried close to 50 times to get them to unlock my main email account and at this point, I'm done with them and they can **** off. They've lost a 20+ year customer to Ubuntu, Google and Sony. No more Windows, Office or Xbox money will ever be wasted again. Ancel me on this forum.

brkkab123, Mar 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. brkkab123

davehc

Could you amplify your meaning "every day they lock my Hotmail account because of both pc's. " I just cannot understand it.
    I have, currently, three OS's running on the same computer. I have, also, three Email accounts on each, all being picked up in Live Mail. My ISP mail, Hotmail and Live Mail. The only special provision I have made is to have separate Mailboxes on each OS. I can pick up any of these mails, at random, on any OS.

davehc, Mar 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. brkkab123

brkkab123

Here have a look at these 2 screenshots. I repeatably Contact Support to reset my password to get my email and then the whole routine start's over again in a few hour's when I check my email again. This by the way is my TRUSTED KEITH-PC they're talking about doing it from. Which, I've done every time. WWWWAAAAYYYYYY OOOOLLLLDDDDD NNNNNNOOOWWWW !!!!!

Attached Files:

brkkab123, Mar 19, 2012
  4. brkkab123

davehc

Log in here, with your Hotmail particulars, and verify your account again. If different, repeat the procedure with your Live Mail account. See if it works? The message is normally automatically produced if their is a great deal of spam activity. You have no doubt that no one else has got hold of your log in details?
    http://account.live.com/

davehc, Mar 19, 2012
  5. brkkab123

brkkab123

I just got a email from the Live Team saying they aren't unlocking my account. Therefore they've screwed me out of over $250.00 for games and add-on purchases that I can't use now. Therefore, I downloading Ubuntu now and they can kiss this 20+ year customer goodbye. I'm not wasting anymore time or money on anything Microsoft. Please cancel my acounts on both forums. Thanks.

brkkab123, Mar 19, 2012
  6. brkkab123

yodap

Sorry to hear that Keith. That would piss me off too.

If you don't end up not liking Ubuntu, may I suggest Mint 12 KDE 64bit. Nice OS.

Good Luck
    Yo

yodap, Mar 19, 2012
  7. brkkab123

brkkab123

I called Xbox support to see if they could atleast get me into Game For Windows Live, so I can atleast play Batman: Arkham Asylum & Arkham City. They told me I had to call Games For Windows Live support, which has been the same thing since before November. That one told me to call Windows Live support and gave me a phone number. That lady was supposed to email me a link to my working email account. It still hasn't arrived. I called that number a 2nd time and they disconnected me. I called that one a 3rd time and all of a sudden they don't help free Windows Live customer's. Yet technically, mine isn't free, seeing as my Games For Windows Live Games & Xbox Live Gold membership's are both the same login.. The Xbox Live 1 yr. was like $50. and my Games were close to a hundred , plus I've got all addons for both which are around another $100. That's far from free and I have to hope that tomorrow afternoon, I can get it to work ,as they lock you out from trying to reset your account after 1 try for 24 more hours, which is b.s. I'm curious how that system's going to work once 8 get's officially released, as that's why GFWL & XBL were merged and why the Xbox is listed in Metro Gaming in 8 apparently is going to be more Xbox than pc oriented. That's probably why dx is only really receiving a sp update, instead of dx 12. Last I remember when Vista came out it was dx10 and sp1 made it dx10.1. 8 is dx11.1.

brkkab123, Mar 19, 2012
  8. brkkab123

brkkab123

I finally got my Hotmail account back. I hope to never go through that 11 day fiasco again.

brkkab123, Mar 22, 2012
    Ian likes this.
  9. brkkab123

Ian Administrator

That's great news - how did you get it back in the end? Persistence with customer support?

Ian, Mar 22, 2012
  10. brkkab123

brkkab123

Let's see I called Games For Windows/Xbox Live support yesterday morning, after Microsoft's 24 hr. limit expired Tuesday afternoon and didn't fix the issue. The GFW/XBL support agent gave me a unknow Windows Live web address to go to. www.windowslivesupport.com, which takes you to options for posting on the Windows Live forum's. I posted about the issue. The GFW/XBL support said they'd take 2-5 days to get back to me. All of a sudden at 1:00 A.M., the email for resetting my password from Tuesday appeared, after goint through the account recovery process on Tuesday. This time, it miraculously worked. Kind of making me think the forum post had a great deal to do with it working. Especially as I previously did the account recovery/password reset's all the other time's. I then to play it safe went to the page for my managed pc's and found something strange there, that I didn't do before. It showed this pc's name in all capital letters and the Windows 8 pc, as I named it. I corrected this pc's name, after deleting the wrongly named one and readding this one again. So far everything Live is working. I tried all of them in IE9 and through Live Essentials and the Games For Windows Live desktop client. P.S. Live Mail, Messenger and Writer got updated versions yesterday, Windows Update doesn't list them. I found out through FileHippo's site and then ininstalled the old versions and went to get.live.com. That's the only way the new version will install. You need to uninstall the old version first. That could also have something to do with it working.

brkkab123, Mar 22, 2012
  11. brkkab123

Ian Administrator

Excellent - I hope this post can be of use to anyone else that has the same problem :).

Ian, Mar 23, 2012
  12. brkkab123

sleepyH22

Well done, your persistence served you well,SleepyH22
    ;)

sleepyH22, Mar 31, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question