Microsoft BUILD conference - Windows 8 to be revealed

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by Becky, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Becky

Becky Administrator

Tomorrow sees the first day of Microsoft's BUILD conference, which will take place in Anaheim, California. Delegates to the conference can expect to learn a great deal more about the new features that Windows 8 has to offer.

Current rumours suggest that we may see the release the first Windows 8 beta following the conference, which would be fantastic news. Other speculation suggests that people attending the conference will each be given a Samsung-built, quad-core tablet running an early version of Windows 8, although we'll have to just wait and see whether this is the case.

The Seattle Times have an interesting article in advance of the conference here.

The conference will run from 13th to 16th September. With a large amount of developers, analysts and journalists in attendance, we can expect a lot of new information about Windows 8 this week. Watch this space for further news and updates...

Becky, Sep 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

Ace

Beta testing was actually meant to go to Microsoft subscribers and other employees. Even Microsoft MVP's as far as i've heard, so it's possible that we'll get the second hand look after they get a chance to review it.

Ace, Sep 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

davehc

By "Microsoft Subscriber", you mean Technet or MSDN?

davehc, Sep 13, 2011
  4. Becky

Ace

I'm not even sure what I meant by that bit lol I just remember reading a Microsoft blog about it somewhere

Ace, Sep 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question