Microsoft Account over Local Domain

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by zhurmeln, Dec 19, 2013.

1. zhurmeln

zhurmeln

Hello, my Microsoft account is taking over the computer. I have two administrator accounts, both set with equal priorities, but on two different domains, one is a Microsoft Account and the other is the AD (local)domain. The problem is that when I am logged in under my AD account, whenever I do anything that requires administrator approval, the system does not accept the AD account approval, even though I am logged in with it at the time...it only accepts the Microsoft account login and password as approval for any action.

This is very inconvenient as I need both admin accounts. Is there any fix to this issue, is there any way to approve actions with the account that is logged in at the time of use, not necessarily the microsoft account?

Please help.

zhurmeln, Dec 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. zhurmeln

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    Try adding your domain user account to the local "Administrators" Group.
    Hold the Windows Logo Key and strike the "R" and type
    lusrmgr.msc
    double click your domain user account and select the member of tab and edit so it is a member of the local administrators group.
    See if that helps

Trouble, Dec 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question