lock screen

SOLVED Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kate, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Kate

Kate

Ok, I recently tried to send an email with a link that took me to outlook and "somehow" synced my computer including the lock screen which is now my "msn" account which of course requires I use that password to unlock and enter my computer.
    I know I am somehow responsible, although I'm not sure how.
    I have followed your brilliant instructions and have unsynced my computer but I cannot figure out how to change my lockpage from my email back to the plain old password that I started with. I'm using an HP if that makes a difference and it says onedrive not skyDrive.
    Thank you thank you thank you in advance!!!

Kate, Sep 9, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Kate

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Up in the top right of the Windows "Start Screen" (not the desktop) the one with all your tiles, you should see your account (name and associated picture image) next to the power button and the search icon. If you click that along with "change account picture", "lock" and "sign out", you should see any other account profiles that exist on your computer.
    Does that present you with the account you are referencing?

Trouble, Sep 9, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Kate

Kate

That does give me change account picture, lock, or sign out. And yes, but there is only one account on this pc, mine and I am the administrator.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    Kate, Sep 10, 2014
  4. Kate

OK..... sorry for the delayed reply but .... been busy.
    Charms Bar (windows logo key plus "C") Settings, Change PC Settings, Accounts, Your Account, "Disconnect", that should start the process of returning to a local user account rather than your Microsoft Account ID.

Trouble, Sep 11, 2014
  5. Kate

Kate

No worries and thank you so much, looks like all is back to normal. I'm in Israel for the year and my IT guys are all in Illinois. Not a good situation for a girl who knows how to use a computer but not how it works. Try never to click on anything I don't understand!! Really appreciate your help!

Kate, Sep 11, 2014
  6. Kate

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.
    Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with your resolution.
    Hope to continue to see you around the forum. We'll be here if you should need anything further.
    Regards
    Randy

Trouble, Sep 11, 2014
  7. Kate

Kate

thanks Randy, I wouldn't be surprised to find myself in need of help again sometime! Consider yourself bookmarked!!

Kate, Sep 11, 2014
    Ian and Trouble like this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question