List of useful keyboard shortcuts for Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by sonic, Jun 20, 2013.

1. sonic

sonic

I haven't really been using many windows shortcuts so far. Mostly basic ones like cut/copy/paste, Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y for undo/redo, Win+R for run and Win+X for power user menu. I found this list recently and decided to share.

sonic, Jun 20, 2013
    Ian and Trouble like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. sonic

davehc

Just a reminder. There is a common web expression "Google is your friend". But, don't forget a much neglected facility, "Help and Support" in Windows..
    If you type "Shortcut keys", in the Metro (or your third party start menu "Help and Support"),
    you will get a large selection of all the above keys, plus, possibly, a few more.
    I still, ponderously, click with my mouse, as I find it impossible to remember all those keys, in order to usefully use them, at my age.

davehc, Jun 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. sonic

airplayne

I would be wary of google, however. I recently had to do a search on something I needed to do in Excel and thought the solution would be pretty straight forward, but upon doing the search I came up with a myriad of different solutions that didn't even come close to what I was looking for.

I guess the best resource would be Microsoft when trying to get to the right tip.

airplayne, Jun 21, 2013
  4. sonic

adamsmith

though the OS also contains all the help support you wish to get out from it yet finding anything ready made is not bad at all .. I'm going to save it in a separate folder to my computer..

adamsmith, Jun 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question