Lexmark Pro905 Network Printer drivers not working

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by zacker150, Mar 31, 2012.

1. zacker150

zacker150

Windows 8 dos't seems to work with my network printer. I have a LexmarkPro905, and the drivers don't seem to work for it. Anyone having success with network printers?

zacker150, Mar 31, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. zacker150

Ian Administrator

Welcome aboard :)

I've got a network printer working fine with Windows 8 - I just used the Windows 7 drivers and it worked just as before :). Did you install the drivers manually via device manager (as in by using the .INF), or did you run specific Lexmark packaged driver software? You may have better luck by doing it manually.

Ian, Apr 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. zacker150

zacker150

Where can you get the .INF? I can't seem to find it. I used the packaged driver software.

zacker150, Apr 4, 2012
  4. zacker150

Ian Administrator

I've just downloaded the driver (LEXMARK_Pro900_wcr_64_en.exe) to do a test. If you download this driver and install WinRAR (www.rarlabs.com), you should be able to right click the package and extract the contents to a folder.

You can then point Windows 8 to this folder (using a manual driver install) and it will search for the INF. I've just done a test and it finds it fine :).

Ian, Apr 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question